3.31.2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 2

It is week two of Dawn's Raspberry Suite color challenge. I love this challenge. It is so fun!! I also got to use my new Papertrey Ink set "Wishing you" for the first time. I love this set!! Tulips galore! What's not to love?!
So here is the challenge:


And here is my card:


Colors:
brown - card base, tulip stamen (is that what those things are called?)
teal - tulip, twine through button
white - rectangle, sentiment, swirl, heart, tulip
moss - leaf and stem, scallops, button

More photos:
This rectangle with the hearts cut out is from another digital cutter kit by K Werner called Journaling Shapes 1 Designer Cuts.  How cute is it?!
I obviously have an obsession with my border punches right now! Also, I popped up the tulip on foam adhesive.
I tied teal twine through the button that I just bought in the Martha section at Michael's. There were 72 yards of 6 different colors of twine for something like four dollars. It may be the cheapest thing you can buy with Martha Stewart written on it! I also heat embossed my sentiment and swirl with white embossing powder.
Here is the final ensemble. I had to add one of the little cut out hearts at the end. They were just to cute not to glue to something!!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie

23 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Great job. LOVe the flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty and I love the contrast of the scalloped edge against the brown colour - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much chris and ange kelly! You guys are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the green scallopeed edge against the dark brown. Really sharp! Thanks also for the Martha enabler...i keep meanign to pick up some twine but keep forgetting. Love the way you used it on your button.

    Thanks also for stopping by my blog :) I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card!! Love the details at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much dana and angie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute. i dont have this set yet but do plan on getting it. i love what you did with it for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Love the flower, it reminds me of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola! hermosa la tarjeta!! me encanta el tulipan del centro!! muy lindo todo y gracias por el lindo comentario en mi blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much scrapping julie and winter!

    Y muchas gracias a agus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, congrats, congrats -- so excited you're in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discover your blog, I love your cards, I will visit again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great card! Love the tulip! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on making the top 10 with your adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats----It's absolutley adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! This card is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on top pick! You did a great job! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic card for the color challenge! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much to denise, muriel la, jessica, jessica, joshua jiraffe, charlene, cammie, winter and pam!! You guys are all so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)