5.26.2009

eat cake!

I finally got some time in my craft room this morning and a little bit this weekend. I can't wait to upload the pics and show you guys. I made the prettiest card for my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. I can't wait for them to get it!

June is coming up which means ... buh buh buuuuuh .... making guy cards. That's right it's Father's Day (and in my family everyone's birthday too). Guy cards are so difficult, mostly because I want to add glitter and flowers, and, well, that normally doesn't go over too well. So here is a very simple birthday card that I think any man would like!

The woodgrain stamp is a backgrounder from CHF. I put a piece of computer paper down with removable adhesive to create the woodgrain border. I then added white gel pen to define the frame. I absolutely love this cake and sentiment stamp from Kim Hughes. So fun! I think the "eat cake" sentiment is great for a guy too.

Here is a close up of the woodgrain. I love how it looks on kraft card stock. Alright, time for some rest. I seriously need more hours in the day! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a cute guy card! I just love the look of wood grain right now! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)