6.03.2009

eat (cup)cake!

Here's a birthday card that I made a little while back. I had just bought liquid pearls for the first time, and I had to make them look like icing! 
I just piled on the liquid pearls and swirled them around. It really looks like icing! Well, shiny icing. Hmm ... I guess in real life I wouldn't eat a shiny iced cupcake, but in the paper crafting world, it's cute! :)

The border was done with masking of the center and a paisley CHF backgrounder. This is a simple and quick card, but I think it would make a lot of people happy! 
[Supplies]
Paper: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Ink: Ranger Adirondack (espresso), Stampin' Up Classic (wild wasabi, orchid opulence)
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (paisley backgrounder), Kim Hughes (birthday bash)
Etc: Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen, Liquid Pearls (white opal), Stickles (yellow), Copics (G28, RV17)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! Super cute! I'd eat that cupcake - is it gluten-free? ~;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the icing! That paisley stamp is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that you started putting your supplies at the end of your posts... GREAT IDEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to touch this card. It's probably bumpy! :)

    (I always like touching textured cards. That's why I love letterpress so much. Too bad it's so expensive. I'm thinking about getting new letterpress business cards, but it'd be too pricey I think.)

    Do you and Mike have any cupcake places near you? I'm still waiting for a Sprinkles to open up down here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)