lawyer with a fortune cookie

I have a confession. I love TV. I mean I love TV. Mike and I DVR about a million shows. Normally we can't even keep up, and our DVR gets full. Well, it seems like all the TV shows ended. There is nothing on! So we've been watching on demand stuff and netflix movies. I will tell you now, do not see Wanted. It was awful! We saw Bedtime Stories today, and it was silly, but actually a cute family film. The on demand thing we started watching is True Blood. This show totally freaks me out, but we can't stop watching it; it's addicting! It's like a scary, rated R Twilight. I feel like I am surrounded with vampires right now with True Blood and the New Moon trailer out.
Alright, enough rambling for me! On to the card!

I made this card for my friend Z's friend that was graduating from law school. I thought I just had to use a legal pad in the card!
I heat embossed the fortune cookie with a twinkle chocolate embossing powder. I love this fortune cookie stamp! Another thing I love is the fortune cookie factory in San Francisco. You can buy non-folded fortune cookies there. So yummy to eat!! :)
I love this binder hole punch! I wrapped the edges of the paper (yellow card stock with a lined paper stamp) around the edges of the card.
I had to include this pic because I thought it looked cool :).
I hope Z's friend liked the card! Congrats to her! :)
Paper: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm), Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white), random card stock from Michael's (green and yellow) 
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up Classic (brocade blue, wasabi green)
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (lined paper backgrounder, polka dot backgrounder), Paper Source (fortune cookie), A Muse (simple celebrations)
Etc: EK Success slim line border punch  (binding edge), Judy Kins chocolate twinkle embossing powder
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie


  1. Oh I love tv too, however I have to say right now I'm loving the break. I'm reading (just finished Infidel), and working in the yard (you read my blog you know what I'm doing).

    I've watched the new twilight trailer three times. How buff is Jacob?

    Cute card. I do like the wrapped paper a lot!

  2. Hey Kelly Marie! We haven't watched a lot of new movies lately, to many late nights at baseball and softball games! :) Maybe will get to watch one soon though! That little fortune is so cute! I love how you wrapped the paper around and didn't cut it off! Great card, they'll love it!

  3. Hey girl, you know I love House. That is really the only television show that I watch. I have tried to ween myself off and since we do not yet have a DVR, I do not want to be tied to the television. Having said that, I am a complete news junkie, so I usually have that on :)

    And your card is just wonderful. I love how unique your cards are. You are so creative. The paper wrapped around the card is such a great touch! I'm going to have to borrow your idea ;)

  4. I love your card. I found it by Googling for ideas to use the Fortune Cookie stamp I just bought. I brought in an actually fortune cookie to get the right color of Copic (raw Silk, I think). The legal pad idea is right in time for my oldest son's birthday. He just passed the Bar and started work for a law firm in Sacramento. I am excited to check out the rest of your cards.
    And I also love love love TV. Burn Notice just returned and new Monk and Psych are almost here. The Closer is wonderful. I am so happy they actually had the wedding. I get so tired of TV excutives thinking we only want to watch single people. I like Bones, too. And then there's the British comedy. (Just a short list.)
    Thanks again for the card idea! - Beryl

  5. For the record, I my new lawyer friend loved the card!

  6. I'm Z's friend who received this card for graduation and I LOVED it! It's sitting on my windowsill as I write this. It was so fun to get something handmade, especially after watching your fun how-to videos online. Thanks so much!!

  7. Oooh I love how you used the yellow paper and let it go over the edges!

    Have you ever watched Burn Notice? The new season just started and we just got Disc 1 of the first season from Netflix so we can start from the beginning. It's quick, funny and witty. Adam and I love it.

    I just started re-watching Felicity on DVD. It's been so long that I don't really remember what happened so I'm enjoying it.

    Can you tell I'm on break now?! :)


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)