Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #10, CPS121, & Thinking Inking

First of all, I cannot believe that Michael Jackson just died. I grew up with everything Michael. He was my Mom's favorite, and I spent my childhood listening to Jackson 5 45s. I hope that the media lets him rest in peace. 


This card has three challenges in it! Raspberry Suite, CPS 121 (for the first time), and the Thinking Inking two peas class!

Okay, so melon berry and berry sorbet are officially the most difficult colors to photograph! Grr! I promise you that these are the colors! The patterned paper is MAMBI and almost exactly the same color as melon berry. I was so excited!
I had to use my cutie pie Hero Arts butterfly again. Love it! I also used some chestnut Zing embossing powder for the woodgrain circle which was totally awesome. I seriously love that stuff! I also totally loved doing a sketch challenge. It was my first one, but it was really fun! I see more in my future!
I decided to do one of the techniques from Jennifer McGuire's Two Peas class. She did faux epoxy with UTEE. I don't have any UTEE, but many layers of clear embossing powder did the trick. I seriously love her class! Three videos a week along with PDFs!!! So incredible! Go check it out at two peas, if you haven't already!
Paper: Papertrey Ink (dark chocolate, berry sorbet), random Michael's (cream), Me and My Big Ideas (fashion district)
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink (berry sorbet), Stampin' Up (close to cocoa)
Stamps: Hero Arts (heart winged butterfly), A Muse (simple celebrations), Cornish Heritage Farms (wood grain backgrounder)
Etc: Papertrey Ink buttons (berry sorbet), American Crafts Zing embossing powder (chestnut), Ranger clear embossing powder, wire
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,
kelly marie


  1. Great card! I love the buttons in the corners of the dp.. will have to keep that idea in my head!!

  2. oh wow! what super cute card! Dawn's colors are very nice! I likey!

    clouds :D

  3. Just stunning. I love it. I tried to comment on your earlier post, and I kept getting kicked out. You were stunning at the wedding. Looks like it was loads of fun :)

  4. What a sweet card and great account of your techniques and influence! Wonderful use of the challenges: great job!

  5. So cute! I just love that butterfly!

  6. One of my first really vivid memories is sitting in the back of a van with a bunch of other kids in my pre-school singing "Beat It." It's kind of surreal that he's dead, isn't it?

    As for photographing Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet, I completely agree! I was having the hardest time with my white balance.

    Love Jennifer McGuire -- she's such an inspiration! And your card is fabulous! :)

  7. Kelly,
    this is my first time to leave a comment here, I would like to ask, where can I find such an elegand and beautiful damask pattern?http://lawnfawn.blogspot.com/2009/03/color-inspiration-challenge-45-and-lawn.html#comments

  8. Wonderful card, Kelly!! Love the faux epoxy on your butterfly! I watched Jennifer McGuire's video, too and thought about that UTEE stuff for the whole weekend... :o) Good to know my usual embossing powder does the trick, too. TFS!
    Photographing those colors was definitively hard! I played so long with the color adjustment in Photoshop that now the off-white background looks plain white but at least the melon berry buttons look like IRL. I should give Lisa Spangler's photo editing tutorials a go!

  9. Fun stuff girl. I'll have to check out that video! So fun!

  10. Gorgeous! You won the Card Creations 7 from my blog! Please email me your snail mail so we can get it off to you! :) Congrats

  11. Hey Kelly Marie! I think you won on this blog too for the Card Creations 7.
    Congrats! :)

  12. Jasmine - I didn't have another way to reach you, so I hope you get this! That paper is actually from Costco! They keep the paper up towards the front and they come in fairly large packs for a good price! I hope you can find some!


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)