8.11.2009

Card Patterns 27 and Thinking Inking technique


Here is this week's Card Patterns sketch:I flipped it upside down for my card.
I used a really fun technique I learned in Jennifer McGuire's class this week. Take white card stock and stamp a white pigment ink background on it. Heat set it. Then run distress inks over it and there is a slight resist on it. I love the look! It is really pretty in person.
I love the wooden Papertrey Ink buttons. I also had a lot of fun with my Copic spica pen adding glitter to the flower. Unfortunately, it is too subtle for the photo, but it sparkles in the light in real life!
[Supplies]
Paper: Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar natural white), Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Ink: Color Box (frost white, quicksilver), Ranger Adirondack (espresso, pitch black), Ranger Distress Ink (broken china, shabby shutters)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (in bloom, background basics: text style, bird watching), Hero Arts (dots and flowers)
Etc: Martha Stewart twine, Papertrey Ink button, Random tag punch, Ranger Ink applicator, Ranger foam, Copic spica pen (clear)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

5 comments:

  1. Love the layering on the flower, and the text on the leaves! Wish I could see the glitter -- you really are the detail queen. :) I love that about your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you have been busy! This is a great card. I've not seen this sketch challenge before. Something else to add to my list. I love all your inspiration. Your blog always cheers me up (even when I don't need it). It's just a happy place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Great technique! I will have to try and remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Love the bold colors and the wrapped string. What a fab take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Your background is so cool and I LOVE the white flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)