8.27.2009

It's a Small World After All!

Don't these flowers remind you of the Small World ride at Disney? It is my all time favorite ride because I absolutely love the art so much! Once I saw this stamp I had to get it because it reminded me of the ride!
This card is for the Hero Arts coloring challenge. Jennifer McGuire talked about coloring with colored pencils on kraft card stock, and I just had to try it. It seriously looks so cool! You should try it out! It was also fun to make a one layer card. Kristina Werner talked about that in one of the 2Peas classes. It's good to simplify every once in a while!
[Supplies]
Paper: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Ink: Ranger Adirondack (pitch black)
Stamps: Hero Arts (pattern flowers, everyday sayings)
Etc: Fiskars corner founder, Crayola colored pencils
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

18 comments:

  1. I love your blog - your designs are beautiful! I'm going to add you to my Bloglines... I don't want to miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm embarassed to say that I've never been to Disneyland :( DARLING card...excellent coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH This is beautiful. I would've never guessed colored pencils were used. Fabulous job and I LOVE those flowers! OK going to 'stare' at it some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You colored this with colored pencils?? For real?? Did you do something to make your colors "pop"? My Dad likes to remind me of how he suffered through that ride a bazillion times because it was my FAVORITE! Must be something about the traveling the world... hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are all so sweet! To make the colors pop, I colored really hard! jaja! I had to blow the shavings off the card, hard. I kept sharpening, etc. I also used really bright colors to begin with too :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and bright!! And vaguely Scandinavian! (Whoo hoo!) I really love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kelly! I love colored pencils on Kraft cardstock! I love anything on kraft cardstock! I love kraft cardstock! :) That stamp is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Pretty Kelly! The colors are so vibrant! Great Job! I have a fun little blogger award for you. Visit my blog to pick it up.
    :) Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, Kelly! Love the bright colours on Kraft!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers! WOW

    Thanks for adding the Torendi Blinkie to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. another bright and happy card. I just love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really did a great job with this coloring! Added it to my favs! Your card sure put a smile on my face! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge Kraft fan myself! Great job!!! I'm having a card swap on my blog, you should join in, it's only 10 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly this is fantastic. I love it. Maybe I should break out those old coloring pencils too. I remember at one time I payed a pretty penny for them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your AWESOME coloring paid off! Congrats on your Fresh Face Win today. So happy for you!!! Keep your lovely creations coming ! HHH, Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)