8.24.2009

SPCC #12

It's another SPCC challenge!! Make sure you enter! The prize is fabulous!! :) How fabulous, you ask? Check it out:

That's right!! Copic markers from iCopic!!! Here is some info straight from Samantha at SPCC about the prize:

The winner this week will receive:
Copic Ciao - Set of 8 Craft Manga Muted Colors Marker Kit + 1 Multiliner Pen -This set retails for nearly $40 and one lucky winner is going to be the proud owner of this amazing set!!

How exciting is this?!?!
So here are the colors this week, and they are definitely a challenge! I cannot wait to see what you all do with them!
I decided to use my copics a lot. It is my first time really trying shading. It was so fun and relaxing. The melon mambo flower is R20 RV11 RV17; the bermuda bay flower is B00 BG45; the only orange flower is R27 YR21 Y15.
I rubbed stardust Stickles all over the flowers for a sparkly fun look. I also used my fantastic Fiskars apron lace punch as an accent with a row of Stickles on top of it.
My sentiment definitely needs some explanation. I tried to stamp the sentiment directly on the card, and I twitched and double stamped it. Don't you hate when that happens?! I was so mad as I had spent so long coloring the flowers and they were already adhered. Note to self: stamp sentiment first! So, after a bit of bad language, I decided to try something to cover it up. It wasn't completely successful, but at least the card was saved! I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock, cut it out and created a wash of liquid pearls, Stickles and water that I painted over the card stock sentiment piece. It looks really pretty in real life. The pearlescense makes it stand out from the background. The rhinestones were my finishing touch. I had to distract the eye with shiny objects away from the bizarre sentiment ;).

So come play along with us at SPCC! What are you waiting for? ;)
[Supplies]
Paper: Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white), Papertrey Ink (raspberry fizz)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (true black)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (in bloom)
Etc: Fiskars apron lace border punch, Me and My Big Ideas Icon rhinestones, A Muse rhinestones, Ranger Stickles (stardust), Copics (100, R20, RV11, RV17, R27, YR21, Y15, B00, BG45), Ranger liquid pearls (white opal), Ranger mini mister
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

18 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I think it looks great. Your coloring is especially nice! did you go to Archiver's I got to go in Atlanta this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card!!!! Love your take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Copic coloring is wonderful and packs a lot of punch! Love the vibrancy of the card!

    I do that all the time (mis-stamp the sentiment). I cover it up too by popping the sentiment up on another sheet of cardstock. I usually use a coordinating color to make it look like I popped it off on purpose. Most times I don't think people know unless they peek under the popped cardstock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me all the time- so much so, that I almost never stamp the sentiment directly anymore, LOL! Your card is gorgeous- I love how the colors give the flowers a tropical feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kelly Marie! You made my day with your words of wisdom! Thanks for the laugh and the beautiful card, Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at this GORGEOUSNESS!!!!! I want that punch SOOO bad and you make it looks SOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! The flowers are so tropical and look perfectly summery with that white space. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO cute, and I think that happens to all of us one time or another. How's your dad doing, and how was your trip to Archiver's?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny... bad language! You are likely to hear the same from me when I do something like that... or.. just in my everyday talk! :) Such a cute card! I love the colors and the rhinestones are fab! Have a note to self to check out that color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love your coloring! I haven't been brave enough to try Copics yet! :) Great job on the sentiment cover up! It drives me CRAZY to double stamp my image, it seems to happen when I'm in a big hurry! Then I have to deal with, "What do I do now"? :) But your looks like it was meant to be that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous! Never would have known there was a mishap with the stamping. Great job Diva!

    Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again...Gorgeous!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  13. You rocked it again this week Diva!! Love the 3d look to the colored flowers. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, so bright. Well done Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this card is just gorgeous, love the diamantes that you have added, looks really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! And I never would've guessed the sentiment wasn't exactly as you'd intended it all along. The pearl is such a cool touch.

    Heidi SP Diva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)