Sky's the limit!

This is my first time trying the Get Sketchy challenge! Super Fun!
This isn't my favorite card. It's kind of a dud, but I decided to still post it. Edited to Add: I am now deciding it is not a dud. I just had to get used to it. I shouldn't be calling it a dud, that's just not nice to the poor, innocent card! I think all the smoke is starting to get to my brain! Forgive my weirdness! haha! :) The rainbow part is an acetate cut out. I backed it with white card stock. Maybe that is the problem? Do you guys back your acetate sections with card stock?
Also, is it totally weird that I love the smell of Staz-On? It smells like almond extract! The background was made with a bunch of distress inks. I wanted it to be the dusky sky. I guess I was inspired by the really weird colored sky we have here in LA with all the smoke. Hmmm. Okay. I am glad I tried the cut out thing, but I am hoping to do it better. If you have advice on acetate cut out cards, I would love to hear it! I am realizing that was kind of a depressing post. Didn't mean it to be! haha!! So here are some happy things: Rainbows! Puppies! Smiles! :) Okay, all better! :)
Paper: Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white), Cosmo Cricket (girl friday), office supply transparency
Ink: Staz-On (black), PTI (enchanted evening), Ranger Distress Ink (broken china, milled lavender, worn lipstick)
Stamps: Hero Arts (sky's the limit)
Etc: American Crafts ribbon, Martha Stewart circle cutter, Copics (V17, RV17, G28, BG45), Fiskars corner rounder
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,


  1. You're nuts! This is SO totally CUTE! I've been feeling a little "off" lately, and your card made me smile. :) <-- See!

  2. So cute (like you). :) Very sweet card.

    And...I love the smell of Staz-On, too!! ;)

  3. I love your fun & happy card!!!!! That rainbow is soooo super sweet :) thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!!!!

  4. You are funny! I had to keep from laughing out loud (sleeping baby near) when I read your stazon comment... too funny! I think your card is incredibly cute!

  5. Your card is the cutest!
    Thanks for playing with GS!

  6. Kelly I love your card! I'm a Hero Arts fan too and I live in LA next to LAX!! {wavin hi} Thanks for playing along with us at Get Sketchy!!!

  7. This is such a cute take on the sketch, thnx for playing!

  8. Kelly you are so funny. I really like the card, you're so great at setting a scene. ALSO, I saw your card on the Hero Arts blog this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING! That card is certainly one of my favorite ones you've made.

  9. I love your funky style.
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    PS Congrats on the Hero Arts win.

  10. Hey you! See, I'm not the only one who liked this card! Check out the "Best of the Blogosphere" section in the link below!!


  11. You are ADORABLE! I would love to meet you one day! We are hoping to make a visit to LA when we are in the States next year.

    That is crazy about the smoke. I hope things get better soon! It drives us nuts when people burn trash in the field next to our house, but that goes away after an hour... cannot imagine what it must be like there.
    Puppies, and rainbows, and smiles... oh my!

  12. Dude, you've got a fan club!! I just wanted to say I love the sentiment on this card. ~;o)

  13. So cute! The rounded corners are a nice touch!

  14. Cuteness! I totally needed to see a rainbow today - how did you know? :)


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)