10.16.2009

Fall Stamp Camp & CPS 137

This card is for two challenges. I brought out a bunch of stuff that I've had for a while and really wanted to use, but just haven't for some reason. I had so much fun! This card is based off of CPS137, but I turned it 90 degrees. I tend to do that. Do I have problems following rules or something? ;)
I created this background with techniques from the 2Peas Fall Stamp Camp. You need to go check out the video by Jennifer McGuire. It is awesome! I did this technique by adding different colors of distress inks to my card base. Then I stamped a background and clear embossed it. Then I added more of the orange color above that and then wiped off the embossed part. This way the color shows through the embossing that I added at the beginning, but the non-embossed parts get darker orange. The look is really cool and shiny. Woo! Fun!
I brought out my upper crest punch, Amy Butler Stamps, and Ever After paper. All stuff I had been hoarding or waiting to use in some way. This is definitely a different card for me. It's fun to step out of my comfort zone! And I have inky fingers now. I love inky fingers :).
Card stock: Neenah Paper Classic Linen (natural white), Recollections (light grey)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (ever after)
Stamps: Hero Arts (antique brocade), Amy Butler (lotus floral stamps)
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink (spiced marmalade, antique linen, black soot)
Embossing powder: Ranger (clear)
Ribbon: from a random pile in a jar ;)
Punch: Fiskars (upper crest)
Markers: Copics
Tools: Ranger inking tool and foam
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

10 comments:

  1. Look at you! You used one of my most favorite stamp sets EVER! :-)!

    Great job girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! You used one of my most favorite stamp sets EVER! :-)!

    Great job girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful...as always. Love the color combo on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it!!! i have this stamp....i see you use stuff that i have and it makes me what to use it!!! so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these colors!! This is awesome -- between the paper and the flower and the amazing punched border, I can't decide what my favorite part of this card is. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love that Cosmo Cricket paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Kelly! That background is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love the colors! I just bought that punch a couple of days ago, but still haven't used it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)