11.19.2009

it's Christmas time

scroll down for today's other post
So I did another version on this card below also for the 2S4Y challenge and for the Moxie Fab Christmas in the Old Country Challenge. As I said before, I love the Moxie challenge, but my old country is Cuba, so it is hard to relate! Let's hope I got it sort of right ;).
This time I went more literal with the sketch. I decided to get that "folk art" feel with my faux Basic Grey wall paper. I just had to use this fancy frame from Hambly. It is so cool!
This card is really busy compared to what I normally do, but it's really fun to step out of the box, and I do love the patterns of the Basic Grey paper! I did another pun again on this card because, well, I can't help it! haha! Thanks for looking at two clock cards, I hope I didn't make you too cuckoo! :)
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm), Recollections (light blue)
Patterned paper: Basic Grey (eskimo kisses), Hambly (frame wallpaper)
Stamps: A Muse (cuckoo clock), Technique Tuesday (start me up quincy), My Sentiment's Exactly (multi script)
Ink: Versamark, Stampin' Up! (wild wasabi, real red)
Glitter: Martha Stewart (crystal)
Punch: EK Success (embossed scallop)
Ribbon: out of a jar on my desk ;)
Embossing powder: Whisper (sea foam white)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

27 comments:

  1. Oooooooh - so pretty and bright! 14 thumbs up :)

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy bee! I came to say 'CUTE' on your last card, and now it's a double cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frame is so beautiful and I love how the polka dots provide a modern-retro vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice retro card! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun Kelly. I love that hambly frame. I think I might have to order that. You're so bad for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeee! I have that paper too! Doesn't it rock?! Totally fab . . . dare I say "Moxie Fab"? {grins} The little clock + the patterns are totally Switzerland to me! Granted, I've never BEEN to Switzerland, but . . . this fits the Switzerland in my MIND! {Giggles}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you Rocked it! I would pick yours if i was Cath ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of you old world cards are great Kelly!! You are on the ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable. And look at that bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the background paper

    jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so striking! Love that Hambly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Kelly Marie! Thanks again for entering the Christmas in the Old Country challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh! I totally likey! The clock is awesome, luv it! luv the PP and the scallop edges! Awesome!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelly Marie!
    Congrats on the Moxie Fab win.
    Super cute card!

    Teri
    Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win! This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! Congrats on your MFW win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)