I have an opportunity for you guys to help out a family. Sweetie pie Lyndsey over at The Stationery Place has started a card drive to help a family whose dad is going through cancer. You can read about the story at Lyndsey's blog and here are the details for the card drive:
operation 'cards for dads'So send a cheerful card to the Hill family and pass along the word about this drive! I decided to make a silly, funny card for them to hopefully make them laugh and smile. It turned out a little weird, but I think in a good way. It makes me laugh at least! I hope the Hills get a good laugh too!
1. make a cheerful, happy card [you can also buy, but handmade is much more fun]
2. write a message of cheer or encouragement -- get well soon, thinking of you, hang in there, etc. -- inside the card, personalized to the hill family
3. email me at stationeria[at]gmail.com to get my mailing address
4. put your card in an envelope and put it in the mail to me by wednesday, november 11 -- send multiple cards in one package if you like; no limit on how many cards you can send!
5. i will bundle all cards together and send them to the hill family in time for thanksgiving
So I participated in this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge and the current Embellish challenge for this card! Embellish's challenge is to use the colors below and owls and Etsy Inspired is showcasing Vivikas Etsy Shop. I picked the tree and owl felties from them for inspiration also.
I love that the tree is so happy, but the owl is so serious. The coral glitter hearts make me smile too! The tree is Kim Hughes's kissable tree which I "kissed" with wood grain. I think it turned out pretty cool!
A couple of cool things have happened in the past few days. Torendi had a "Kelly day" post. I was featured in the "what's hot" for the Embellish challenge and I was featured in the Caardvarks tall card challenge. So exciting!!
So play along with these challenges and make a happy cheerful card to send to the Hill family! I am sure that the encouragement will mean a lot to them.
Card stock: Papertrey Ink (dark chocolate, berry sorbet, spring moss), Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white)
Patterned paper: Me and My Big Ideas (chester)Stamps: Kim Hughes (kissable tree), Hero Arts (designer woodgrain), Sassafras (oliver and friends)Ink: Stampin' Up (close to cocoa), Ranger Adirondack (espresso), Versamark, Distress Ink (antique linen)Embossing powder: Ranger (clear)
Gems: Papertrey Ink (black)
Punches: Fiskars (upper crest), Random punch from Japan (heart)
Tools: Ranger inking tool and foam
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,