11.17.2009

sending birthday wishes

Scroll down for today's other post :)
I made this card using this week's Sketchy Thursday sketch. Torendi is the sponsor this week! I also used the Hero Arts idea of "trimming" this week, but using scraps that I had around. I also used stamped images that I already had and punched with the square punch to give it a new look.
I am so in love with these decorative blossoms from Hero Arts. They are just so cool! I also used my My Mind's Eye inks that I got from Peachy Cheap. They are so pretty!
Oh, Cosmo Cricket Earth Love. I can't stop using you. I am starting to do faux stitching more, and it's making me want whatever pen Kristina Werner has because either her pen is way better than mine or she is magic. I think her being magic might be the likeliest explanation.
Card stock: Papertrey Ink (dark chocolate), Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (earth love)
Stamps: Hero Arts (decorative blossoms), Papertrey Ink (everyday button bits)
Ink: My Mind's Eye (coastal and sundress ink swirly thingies), Distress Ink (broken china)
Pen: Ranger Inkssentials white opaque pen
Dies: Jen Allyson Project Cuts DigiKit at 2Peas (elegant card)
Tools: Quickutz Silhouette, Computer, Ranger Inking tool and foam
Punch: 1.25" EK Success square punch
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

17 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love your faux stitching around your green layer and the paper you used.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site. I have been a secret visitor for a while now. :)

    Kristina uses a Signo brand pen. she did a whole video and post on white gel pens. It was awesome. not too long ago, you would not have to dig that far back to see it. I thought any old white gel pen would do, but I was clearly mistaken. :)

    Keep up your awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet card...love Earth Love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I just love the Earth Love line from CC. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!
    -Diana, Sketchy Thursdays founder

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and bright! I love the faux stitching -- haven't really done much of that because the "stitches" are never straight enough or even enough. LOL. I think yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME take on the sketch! Be sure to email this to Heidi and Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along!
    Jennifer C. sketchy thursdays dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, all that with scraps.. you are on fire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card Kelly, the papers are gorgeous :)
    Hugs
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing :)

    Amanda x
    Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristina uses a Uni-ball Signo broad in white pigment ink. They even sell them over here :) I agree, faux stitching is SO addictive! Best wishes from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super adorable! Love the design and how fun it is!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Ya know, I've heard about your before, I think Tiffany posted something on Twitter or whatever :P Nice to be able to stop by myself and enjoy your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to see cards made from the sketches! I love your creation. Thank you for sharing!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Kelly! I love those Earth Love papers but have a hard time knowing how to use them... you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)