12.05.2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #65

This is my first post as a guest designer for Etsy Inspired! I am just so excited! The inspirational shop this week is So Stinking Sweet, and sweet it is! They have the most adorable soaps! You just have to check it out! At first I was trying to pick out just one product to be inspired by, but I couldn't choose, so I looked at the front page of the shop and all of the color just made me so happy! Check it out:
Then I saw these flower shaped soaps called Passion Berries Flower Soap, and it all came together!

I made the flowers with my new Making Memories Slice! Yes, I got sucked in by those Thanksgiving sales and couldn't help it! I am totally loving the Slice!
I cut out different shapes out of different fabby American Crafts paper. I rolled the edges of all the flowers around a pencil and then layered the different shapes.
There are a row of polka dots down there at the bottom, they are just really hard to see in this photo! I think I need new white ink! The ribbon is also American Crafts. I am telling you, I think American Crafts can see inside my brain and just know what makes me happy. Since these flowers made me smile so much, I decided to use this happy PTI sentiment. :)

So come along and play with us. There are some AWESOME prizes this week:
-5 fabulous soaps from So Stinking Sweet as well as an adorable handmade ornament...seen HERE
AND for another winner...
- the Eco Chic stamp set from our wonderful sponsor this week UNITY Stamp Company!

Here is what you need to do to play along:
- Visit So Stinking Sweet and find an item that inspires you
- Create a project of your own
- Post a link to your project on this post by Friday, December 11th at noon PST.

I cannot wait to see your fun creations! In the mean time, check out the rest of the design team's creations. Their links are on the sidebar to the right! :)
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Patterned paper: American Crafts (craft fair, backyard)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (everyday button bits, polka dot basics)
Ink: Color Box (frost white), Ranger Adirondack (espresso)
Ribbon: American Crafts
Brads: Basic Grey
Button: Papertrey Ink
Tools: Making Memories Slice (basics 2 design card)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on being on the DT for this month. Can't wait to see all your creative and inspiring MOJO! Your card is so cute. Great colors and just love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "stinkin' sweet" card..congrats on the guest DT! Such a fun etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kelly! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Kelly! It's gorgeous! Those flowers are so stinkin cute! See what I did there? ;) Very very good job with your first post! I'm so excited to have you this month! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how the flowers pop off the page and are backed with kraft paper. it really 'grounds' them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just knew you'd knock this out of the park with all the color inspiration! AWESOME job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card Kelly! I'm so happy to be working with you this month...welcome to the team!!!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Kelly! Welcome to the EIC team! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your guest designer spot!! Your beautiful card and that bright and bold colors make me happy, too :-) Have fun with your new tool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Miss Kelly Marie on you DT spot with EIC!! This card super rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally inspiring, Kelly! Loving all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those brightly coloured flowers, just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card!!! Love the colors!!! Congrats for being December guest designer!!! so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy moly, this is totally FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I love those flowers and all the different patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You totally captured the colors and fun feel of this week's shop! Love those layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously, are you KIDDING me??!! This is just about the most stinkin key-yute card EV-AH!! You simply amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are totally FABulous flowers!!!! Perfect with the cute flower soaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Kelly Marie!!!!

    Last weeks project just totally blew me away I adore it and have to study it so I can maybe do some sort of case on this it is so so inspiring!!! Welcome to the Team for December!!!

    I really love this!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Drat!!!! I just went back and read your whole post I don't have a slice Darn!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)