12.30.2009

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge #6!

Welcome to Everything but the Kitchen Sink's sixth challenge! This challenge is so fun because it is to use wrapping paper! I bet you guys have a lot of that hanging around!
I decided to make these pom pom flowers that are oh so popular right now. They are so fun to make. I had fun creating them in front of the TV. I am definitely keeping them in mind to put on presents in the future! The letters are Making Memories and SO glittery. Messy but super cute!
The ribbon is also off of a present I received. The patterned paper is from the Torendi Modern Red kit. I am in love with it! Don't you just want to make a wish on a Dandelion now? :)

We have a wonderful prize this week : A $25 gift certificate from Verve Stamps! How cool is that! The challenge will run until midnight CST on Jan. 8th and the winner will be announced Jan. 12. Don't forget to go to this post here to find Mr. Linky. Also check out all of the other EbtKS girls! Their links are to the right! :)

Tomorrow the hubs and I close on our first house! We still can't believe it! Then the day after is New Year's Eve! We are going to be celebrating our new house, the new year and 10 years of Mike + Kelly! We met when we were 18 and 19 and haven't been apart since. I love my Mike and am so excited to spend the next million years with him :). Okay, enough sap from me :).
I promised to tell you guys about Cuban New Year's Eve traditions. They are so fun! At midnight we eat 12 grapes with each gong of the clock (I never can quite eat them that quickly). These grapes signify the 12 months of the year and help bring you luck for those months. The other tradition we do is throwing water over your back shoulder. The water represents all the bad things from the previous year and by tossing them away backwards you are moving on with a fresh start. So you can imagine all the New Year's kisses, toasts, drinking, grape eating and water throwing going on at once is madness, but it is so fun!
I wish you all a healthy and happy new year filled with endless joy. If any of you eat grapes or throw water, let me know! :)
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Patterned paper: Jillibean Soup - from Torendi's Modern Red kit
Stickers: Making Memories
Flowers and ribbon: From a lovely Christmas present!
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

17 comments:

  1. such a fun card kelly! Congrats on your new home & anniversary...how fun!!!!!

    thanks for sharing your cuban new years traditions...love hearing about different cultures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinking cute! I can't get enough of those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo congrats on your house! And love love those flowers?

    And you say grapes? Eat grapes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love all the glitter! Congrats on your new house and another year with you hubs! My husband and I were high school sweethearts, so we have been together since we were 'kids' too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous, Kelly! Congrats on your anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome KM!

    Love the idea of the wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card and congrats on the new house and anniversary!! Happy New Years to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute Kelly!! That pp is awesome! Loved hearing about the Cuban New Years traditions... that is awesome! Congratulations again on your new home... that is exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous flowers! I must make some of those.

    Congrats on the new home!

    I had never heard of those Cuban traditions. In New Mexico, we didn't really have those type of traditions. I just remember hearing gunshots. Crazy neighbors shooting up into the night sky. I'd rather do grapes and water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo so cute. And congrats on your new house! Your FIRST house! That is quite an accomplishment! Have fun unpacking and decorating and making it your own!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Kelly!!!! I am sure you will have lots of fun decorating your new house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! I love recycling materials like that!
    Congrats to you and Mike on the 1st house!! I hear it is quite A LOT of house!! =) Happy new year to you both, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I've been wanting to make some of those flowers- soon I will be reunited with craft supplies! Hope you have a happy and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HEY!!! How come I was unaware of this blog??? Geez!

    Love this card! I have to make some flowers myself...also want to try some fabric ones :-)

    I'll be adding you to my reader list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love this one! And NOT just because it's chocolate brown. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't look at any more cards if I cant have them! JA! Love. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  17. How come you know Cuban traditions better than I do? Did I invent the 13 grapes! Man, forgot the water. Can't have New Years without you! No wonder 2010 started off with so many not-so-good-things. Then again, there are many good things: YOU, my sweet daughter! Nothing can be better to read that you love your Mike and you have a home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)