2.28.2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge #10!

Hello everyone!! Welcome to another Everything but the Kitchen Sink "around the house" challenge. What is our challenge this time? Fabric!That's right! Now, you could you some of that pretty fabric you bought at the store ... or you could get wacky and use fabric from around the house! I am talking old t-shirts, socks, and, well, towels!
I used one of those tiny terrycloth towels meant for cleaning from Target and cut it up to create this robe. I even made little pockets by cutting out squares and gluing them with glue dots. This whole robe is held together by glue dots! I could not find my embroidery thread and floss, so glue dots to the rescue!
The ducks in the background are from The Cutting Cafe "rain rain go away" set. I created a little background with them in Illustrator. The Cutting Cafe is our sponsor this week! They are even giving away three free sets to the winner! Awesome! So come along, get out your fabric and play along with us. We cannot wait to see what you create! Just go to this post to get Mr. Linky. Also check out the rest of the design team. They are amazing, and their links are to the right in the sidebar!
Card stock: Papertrey Ink (lemon tart), Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Stamps: American Crafts
Ink: Papertrey Ink (hibiscus)
Digital Stamps: The Cutting Cafe
Ribbon: Michael's
Punch: Fiskars corner rounder
FABRIC: Terrycloth Towel!! :)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

13 comments:

  1. Umm.. Whatever. Speechless. That is so freaking cute and creative.... I would have NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER thought of doing that!!! I love it! You seriously rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Love your robe, what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this is just too dang CUTE!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... fluffy robe.... :) Awesome idea, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too too cute!! Love the background you made and that you cut your own shape from the towel and that sweet pink robe tie! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sweet little card! You are a genius! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA aha ha! This amazingly adorable card made me giggle out loud (gol?)when I opened my email this morning Kelly. Too clever. You are a pure crafting genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute the terry cloth robe! So creative! Looks so complex (like oyu bought a tiny terry cloth robe) but once I read how you did it I totally got it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO ridiculously cute!!! Fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute! Love the duckies in the background and that robe totally rocks!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you rooting for Baby Ko to be a girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card Kelly! Love that soft looking robe... I want to rub it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)