2.08.2010

Love

Hello! This card is for the Caardvarks wedding challenge! Now I know this is not exactly a traditional wedding card, but I can't help myself with the color! Weddings are happy and colorful, so I decided to make a card that reflected what weddings are to me. Plus, I know the PERFECT couple to give this too when they get married (Hi Mariah and Austin!)
The flower is made of orange felt from one of Courtney's tutorials. They are so fun and pretty easy to make too! Thanks, Court! :) I liked alternating the white and brown faux stitching. It really accentuates the shape of the card, and the brown pen is way easier to faux with! haha!
The Thickers were originally white so I dyed them with ColorBox chalk ink. Let me tell you that it took a lot of layers, but I think it was worth it for a custom color! I need to buy more plain white Thickers to do that with! This might be my all time favorite Thickers font. I think probably because it looks a bit like the "It's a Small World" font, and I am obsessed with the art in there! Thanks for making me smile again, American Crafts!
I am just so in love with these card shapes from Two Peas and Jen Allyson. The are just SO cool. If you have a Silhouette or Cricket with SCAL, make sure to check these out! :)

Thanks for coming by! And don't forget to resubscribe!

Here is a button:
Add to Google

My feed address is:
Card stock: Papertrey Ink (dark chocolate), Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (nutmeg)
Stamps: Basic Grey (wild flower: urban prairie)
Ink: Versamark, ColorBox Fluid Chalk (warm violet)
Embossing Powder: Judikins (white gold)
Pens: Ranger Inkssentials (white opaque), Martha Stewart (sepia)
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers (jewelry box)
Felt: Michael's
Tools: Quickutz Silhouette
Digital die cut file: Two Peas in a Bucket: Jen Allyson Project Cuts (elegant card)

Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

25 comments:

  1. Cool card and cool color combo! Love your flower. Really makes the card pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still getting your feed just fine! :) And I feel like I've seen this card before ;) Still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun, fresh & funky wedding card! excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUNKY is a good word for it - - they are going to love it....they will not get another card like this! - - that embossing crest piece is hot....and your little flower packs a big punch of color - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool color combo! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!

    and FYI I can always see your stuff in my google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! Love, love, love the bright, happy colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wild about color too - especially for celebrating - so this card really strikes a chord for me.

    That font is adorable. More often than not I end up changing the color of my Thickers too. Good idea to buy white.

    Thanks for the nice comments on my blog the last while. I'm sorry to hear that you have had difficult spots on your journey. I think they are part of what makes us who we are; and in your case, you are sweet and ridiculously talented.

    Great job on the wedding card. I was going to skip that challenge as I like color so much, but now I might give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, fun, hip card! Who says wedding cards need to be traditional looking when each couple is different? Great job - I love the unique shape, the flower, the layers... it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great wedding card! I LOVE none traditional and this is just perfect! I hope you get picked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous...I love the colors too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this! That flower is precious and the chipboard is fantastic and I love that purple and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a girl after my own heart! This color combo is dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm calling this Lilac, Sage, and Tangerine. New color combo tastiness! :) I'm going to have to play with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and I LOVE the flower and the pop of color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you used! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recognize the Jen Allyson cutting files. Love the design! Great flower.

    ReplyDelete
  19. n the whole world's life, at some dated, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another benign being. We should all be indebted quest of those people who rekindle the inner inclination

    ReplyDelete
  20. In harry's sustenance, at some pass‚, our inner pep goes out. It is then break asunder into passion at near an encounter with another benign being. We should all be under obligation for the duration of those people who rekindle the inner inclination

    ReplyDelete
  21. In every tom's existence, at some occasion, our inner fire goes out. It is then break asunder into flame beside an be faced with with another benign being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner transport

    ReplyDelete
  22. In every tom's life, at some dated, our inner fire goes out. It is then bust into zeal by an contend with with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  23. As your obligation is strengthened you will-power unearth that there is no longer the need to have a intelligibility of control, that things commitment progress as they see fit, and that you discretion bubble with them, to your great appreciate and benefit.

    [url=http://petitelectromenager.eu]Couteaux electriques[/url]
    Cafetières Delonghi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)