3.18.2010

shine

Hello! First things first, some business! "Sew Lovely" has sold out! Oh my goodness! I just can't believe it! But don't worry, our manufacturer is hard at work making more, we will update you when they are back in stock! Make sure to sign up for the newsletter in the side bar! Thank you so much for all of your support!

I decided to play along with Get Sketchy and as usual, I flipped the sketch and then didn't follow it all that well! Haha! I swear, I try! Either way, Get Sketchy is great inspiration, so thank you guys! :)
I had fun making this card! The "grass" is pleated Basic Grey paper. Who wouldn't want doily grass is the first question. The second question is who wouldn't want a music paper tree and a word covered trunk? hehe! :) I stamped the bird from Critters in the 'Burbs on some patterned paper also, and cut him out. I added glossy accents to him and stickles to the tree top. I added this American Crafts Dear Lizzy rub on as the sun. I just love this rub on!
Card stock: Papertrey Ink (spring rain)
Patterned paper: American Crafts (dear lizzy), Basic Grey (nook & pantry), Studio Calico (English)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (critters in the 'burbs), Papertrey Ink (bird watching)
Ink: Ranger Adirondack (espresso)
Rub On: American Crafts (dear lizzy)
Etc: Glossy Accents, Stickles
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

26 comments:

  1. such a cutie pie card Kelly...love all the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this card is so stinkin' cute! Love the music tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. So cute! I saw Sew Lovely was sold out! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one happy, 'springy' and fantastic card! I like the different patterns for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love paper piecing! Thanks for playing along with our sketch! I usually mix it up and make it my own too. It's just better that way because then it makes my project my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH, love this!!!! Can't wait until my critters in the 'burg get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful. The scene is so pretty and i love the ribbon. Fab design
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So CUTE! Love that pink tree with the notes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's all about the starting point of an idea isn't it. I love the scene you created and the paper folding. Lovely.

    Congrats on your sell out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOOH, I LOVE this!! The tree with the newsprint - fabbb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a darling card! I love the pleated grass and the musical tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Kelly! I, for one, would love doily grass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Kelly! And congrats on Sew Lovely selling out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kelly, was just flipping through different blogs featuring cards and found one using the sewing stamps with a link to your site. Although I'm disappointed it is sold out, I am glad for you that it is so popular. I purchased another set of stamps, but will be watching for the return of Sew Lovely!! Thanks for some great stamps and so glad I found your site.
    NancyP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how exciting that your stamp set sold out!!!!! How thrilling! The stamps are soooo darling, I'm not at all surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for info, I am always looking for something interesting on the Internet, i want to send
    photos for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable!! Love it! Congrats on the sell out... no surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great paper-piecing, and again, I love that tree!! Your "grass" is a great idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Kelly Marie! Thanks again for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your MFW win with your OWN stamps! This is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your Moxie Fab win! I love your sweet card, and especially the fun grass!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card, it's super cute. And taking the photo of the card on artificial grass makes it even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so cute! Congrats on your Moxie Fab Win!
    Please come by and visit me on my blog at
    www.scraphappystudio.blogspot.com

    Carol B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)