4.12.2010

Birthday Wishes



Hello! I can't believe how long it's been! I am so glad I finally got a chance to make a card! I made this card with the Etsy Inspired challenge #83 in mind. The store this week, The Mouse Market, is the cutest store ever! They sell miniatures which reminds me so much of my grandmother. She loved anything miniature and made this gorgeous doll house. She was also an amazing seamstress so this card is perfect!

Here is my inspiration from The Mouse Market:
Cotton candy earrings! So cute! I took color inspiration from the earrings and also the super cute photograph of them that includes that gorgeous aqua color.


I love this October Afternoon line! So fun and happy! I had a blast sewing again, especially making my own pleated ribbon! I haven't been able to get my hands on that Pink Paislee ribbon, so I decided I had to make my own. I colored the sewing machine from "Sew Lovely" with Copics and then aged the entire die cut with antique linen Distress Ink.

I hope you guys had wonderful weekends!
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm), Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white)
Patterned paper: October Afternoon (Thrift Shop: near mint, needs paint)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sew Lovely), Amy Butler (lotus greeting)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black), Ranger Distress Ink (antique linen)
Markers: Copic
Ribbon: American Crafts
Sewing Machine: Janome Sew Mini
Dies: Spellbinders (labels 9)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Ranger ink applicator and foam
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

24 comments:

  1. Wish to you prosperous Happy Birthday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dude, belated happy birthday as
    "Its another day 4 u. god picked another petals on your flower, wishing your flowers may bloom for year".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm...., Good way to celebrate your birthday !!!
    So "Today is a day of celebration. why? because, years ago on the same day, god sent me my flesh and bone conscience. wishing my friendly inner voice a very happy birthday".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Kelly! I love the colors you were inspired by in those cute little cotton candy's! Isn't that shop so cute!?! Thanks for playing this week, your card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sue-pah sweet kelly! Love the blue sewing machine...I want a blue sewing machine:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww - sew cute! :) Miniatures reminds me of my grandma too! She used to build dollhouses and when I was old enough, we built one together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite card of yours yet, the colors and image placement, and panels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pleated ribbon!
    And love the colors too!
    So Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet card! Love your sewing machine image and how you stitching your ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!! Looooooove the mix of colors and patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. It is just so happy and brought an instant smile to my face! Love all the patterned paper and your copic coloring is perfection! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Kelly! Fabulous colors and papers and of course the image and sewing details are great! :) Glad to see you playing along with us again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pleated ribbon is the perfect touch! fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its seems to be a best way to wish B'day to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charming. I love that stamp set of yours. It is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh...I just love the sewing machine image. I just used it on a card today! Love this...the colors make me smile!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sew pretty! I love the colors and those cotton candy earrings are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. To keep with your speech bubble idea, the machine could be saying, ""I'm sew glad it is your birthday" or " "Stitching you a very happy birthday".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that blue and yellow together! So stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Never underestimate your power to change yourself!


    --------------
    Sofia University of St. Kliment Ohridski

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing is impossible!

    -----------------------------------

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)