4.20.2010

one layer lovely

Hello! Okay, so I am obsessed with the K. Werner one layer challenge. It's so fun! I decided to see what it would be like to combine it with a sketch and 2 Sketches 4 You has the coolest sketch this week! Check it out!
I had so much fun using Sew Lovely! Can you believe it is somehow the first time I use that bow?! How is that possible?! It is super cute! It would be adorable in the hair one of those little girl stamps from Hero Arts. I created the borders with the stamps in Sew Lovely. I love that you could keep stamping the swirl or flowers over and over!
Okay, I better get to bed. I have stayed up way too late making this card and another one layer card, too. It's been a weird day, and I will be happy to start fresh tomorrow! Hugs to you all!
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Sew Lovely), Papertrey Ink (vintage labels)
Ink: Versamagic (red magic, pumpkin spice, turquoise), ColorBox (ruby), Memento (tuxedo)
Tools: Corner Chomper
Markers: Copics
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

27 comments:

  1. I love your card, it is amazing! I am a hugh fan of simplicity, I really love the idea of a one layer card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Kristina's one-layer challenge and thought there was no way I could do that - and now I see your card and I know there's no way I can do that. Love the colors....and all the swirlyness in this set - so girly; so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... What a stunner! and only one layer! I love the idea, but I could never create something as lovely as this! great colours, so clean and neat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU make me drool! Love all your cards--even one layer ones! YOU ROCK:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! It just goes to show you that if your stamps are cute enough, you don't need the layers! When this set first came out I thought oooh that is so cute I want it. Now as I keep seeing this stamp set in action, I'm starting to really NEED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Kelly Marie! I just got this lovely stamp set and can't wait to use it for this sketch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did a one layer card last night and had such a blast with the challenge. Your card turned out just lovely! Love the no layers look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, Kelly!!! One layer cards I must say are my comfort zone. I'll have to give the challenge a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this!! You are so talented my friend, I can't wait to play with your divine stamps :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the colors on this! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! I was looking for sketches last night that I could use but still keep my simple CAS mind happy! What a great card! I can't wait to play with the one layer challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute Card! :)
    I was thinking of doing this challenge too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! THis IS lovely indeed! Great color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card! Just LOVE your new stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK. I have NEVER made a single layer card that looked half this cute! I'm super impressed! :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic. Now that IS a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa! One layer? One?! That is a very scary challenge. Of course you rocked it! Sew Lovely was made for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy moly! This is totally AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!! I LOVE this card! So stinkin' cute! And now I REALLY think I need that Sew Lovely set!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love your stamps, and this set is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous one layer card. Great job with the sketch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty! I just LOVE that set! Thanks for designing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)