4.15.2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge Guest Designer

Hello! I am so honored and excited to be guest designing for the Play Date Cafe's challenge this week!
Their challenge this week is called "colour splash" (that's for Sarah :)). It is such a cool idea: black and white with just a splash of color:This week's color is orange. This challenge was definitely challenging for me as I tend to use lots of color with a splash of white. Hehe! I had so much fun stepping out of my box!

Also, Lawn Fawn has put up "Petite Florals" as a prize for the winner!

The butterfly is Hero Arts which I colored with my new Copics! I had such a fun time shading! :) Then I drew a butterfly trail, poked holes with my awl, and embroidered the trail with DMC floss. I have a feeling I will be doing this again! :)

The doily is also Hero Arts. I love it! I heat embossed it with black American Crafts Zing! embossing powder. It's so shiny in real life!

So come along and play with the colour splash at Play Date Cafe and have a chance to win "Petite Florals". I can't wait to see your creations!
Card stock: Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white), Papertrey Ink (true black)
Stamps: Hero Arts (antique engravings, circle lace), Amy Butler (lotus greetings)
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey Ink (true black). Memento (tuxedo black)
Embossing powder: American Crafts Zing! (black)
Markers: Copic
Floss: DMC
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

22 comments:

  1. wow Kelly, this is so pretty, the monochromatic look and a splash of color! so fun! luv the stamp!

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining the PDCC this week! YOU have amazing stamps and WOW is all I can say about this card! I am speechless! This is super BEAUTIFUL! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! this is amazing, Kelly! simply gorgeous! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love how the butterfly/pop of orange stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for being our celebrity sponsor and guest designer this week! And especially for writing 'colour' for me in your post lol :) This is such a beautiful card, and I love your sewn bit, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly Marie...we are the ones who are honored to have YOU as our guest and sponsor for this week's challenge.

    As we only do a color splash once every 6 weeks or so, YOU ended up being the 'lucky' guest to work with it :) You did a fantastic job and we are just so happy to welcome you to our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Kelly! Love your splash of orange! Thank you so much for being our guest and generous sponsor at the PDCC.. your designs are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, I think you should try it out more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love how you created such a beautiful and elegant design! Love that your pop of color is a gorgeous butterfly! So glad you joined us this week as a guest designer and sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly this is fantastic Wow! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty!! Love this! Love the stitched butterfly trail!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to reading your blog, because they are always full of information that I can put to use. Thank you again, and God bless you in 2010.

    http://sectlandscaping.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fantastic having you join us over at the Play Date Cafe as guest designer! Your designs are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I just wish I could win one of those gorgeous sets too!! Your card is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE the way you've brought in the orange, gorgeous!!

    Being the only other designer on the PDCC team that's from the UK it always makes me smile the way we spell colour. I blog so much I nearly spell it without the 'u' myself now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just stunning! Not exactly sure how you used the doily. Did you ink it and then embossed it and then glued it to your card???? However you did it the look is just INCREDIBLE! BTW - Congrats on your company and for being guest designer! You truly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Kelly!!! I This card is amazing! I love the circle lace stamp you used! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your splash of color! The coloring of the butterfly is just beautiful, and the trail of orange from his wings is just perfect. Thanks for sponsoring this weeks PDCC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So unique! I adore this card- very innovative! Your stitching is such a FAB touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE this to pieces, Kelly! Gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how the color really pops against the black. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)