4.22.2010

Torendi Earth Day Planters

Welcome to the Torendi blog hop! Hopefully you came here from Jenn's blog. If not, you can start the hop at the Torendi blog. Remember to comment on all of the blogs for a chance to win some goodies! Read about the details here.

So I decided to get all earthy and make planters out of the bottom of water bottles. I wanted to actually plant some flowers before this post, but as you can see in this picture, I had seeds, but no soil! I'll just have to do a post Earth Day planting :).
Rub ons are perfect for making these little planters! I especially love the EAD ones. The red ones are from the Love Fool kit, and the orange is another EAD set. They are vinyl and just look so nice! Check them out at Torendi!
OPP Tape is so fun for these! I just applied it to the bottle. Then I knew I wanted to make flowers out of this fabric I received in a package. Yay for recycling! I made them by rolling and knotting strips of the fabric and stapling it together. Then I glue dotted them to the bottle.
Another OPP Tape one. This time I used sticky strip around the top to adhere that fun houndstooth American Crafts ribbon around the top.

I hope you have been having from hopping around for Earth Day. Next stop: the mega-fabulous Tiff! Click here to see what she has created! And don't forget to comment on each blog to win some Earth Day goodies!
Tape: OPP (fuss, happy friends)
Ribbon: American Crafts (haute: elle)
Rub-Ons: EAD (love hurts)
Fabric: found in a gift
Plastic bottles: My cupboard. I drank a lot of water today to do this post! :)
Thank you so much for visiting!

Have an amazing day,

24 comments:

  1. These are so stinkin cute!!!! Talk about outside of the box thinking :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. htt://stampwithmercedes.blogspot.comApril 22, 2010 at 6:33 AM

    Good. This is so cute... what a great idea and they look very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, these are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everybody is blowing me away, sooooo adorable! Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So flippin' cute KM! Love what you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazingly creative and clever idea! Love these! I may go home and make some myself! Perfect to put on my desk or friends desks at work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! Love your creative use of recycled goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. What a great idea. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the cutest little planters EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have your blinkie on my blog. Love the critters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea!! I never would have thought of this. I'm going to try it with some other plastic bottles I've got in the recycle bin. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally fab! And how 'bout those cute critters in your previous post??? Fabby card....Might need to CASE that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute little planters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh these would be so fun to start seeds in how awesome! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a Fabulous idea!! Very CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so fun!! LOVE how you used those tapes!! fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly-Marie. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    The red planter is my fave. I like the idea that you will be able to see the soil through the design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Too cute! I love that idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)