5.25.2010

It's raining thank yous! (plus a video)



Hello! I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday! Today I have a video on how to make this card with masking. I've had a lot of people ask me to do a masking video, and it was so much fun! I was inspired by two challenges: Get Sketchy and Off the Wall Craftiness which Lawn Fawn is sponsoring, so make sure to go over there and play along for a chance to win "Partly Cloudy"!


So here is my video! You can watch it here or over at YouTube.



Here are some of the masking details from the card. I just love that Studio Calico paper, and I can't seem to stop myself from using the Papertrey text style stamp!

I really want a yellow umbrella in real life now. Don't you? :)

Guess what: Lynnette has some awesome blog candy over at her blog (Lawn Fawn stamps and CARDS magazines!) Go check it out and leave her some love!

Also, I can't believe it, but we are almost at the June release! DT sneak peeks start May 31st and the 3 stamp sets will be released on June 3rd at 12:01am EDT! Check out formspring for a silly little sneak peek that I posted about one of the sets!
Card stock: Neenah Paper Environment (desert storm), Neenah Paper Classic Crest (solar white)
Patterned paper:
Studio Calico (tupelo) , Girls Paperie (vintage patchwork)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Partly Cloudy, Just My Type Too), Papertrey Ink (background basics: text style)
Ink: Ranger Distress (antique linen, tumbled glass), ColorBox (sunflower), Papertrey Ink (berry sorbet)
Ribbon: American Crafts
Gems: Prima
Tools: Ranger ink blending tool and foam
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

13 comments:

  1. What a delightful video and card! How fun was that...that was 10 minutes well-spent! Thanks for sharing the masking technique.
    blessings to you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and great video!
    It looks like you and I did very similar things this weekend....
    I made a card with the same umbrella and the same colors, using the same masking technique, for the same challenge. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure a yellow umbrella will chase the rain away! ;-) Great card and thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly your card is super gorgeous! luv the umbrella stamp too! the umbrella stamp with that bright yellow ink is awesome! and where did u get that huge tape gun thinga-maggiger?

    Hugs
    Clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Kelly!! Love it! I really want that set... hoping to win it off of Lynnette... ha! If not... I will def. have to make a purchase during your next release and get caught up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE card! LOVE that background paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO fabulous Kelly Marie!!! Thanks for playing along :) Your card is perfect for my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!!! Thank you so much for the video! Super cute and informative!! I LOVE your stamps. Hoping to get some soon. They're so wimsical and cutsie!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I love this card! It's so happy and fun!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO cute! Thanks for the fun inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy colors!! love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card and thank you so very much for making a video tutorial on masking. I had tried it many times before and it never worked. Part of my problem was I was using cardstock and not cheapie printer paper! I just ordered some removeable adhesive. Can't wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)