6.09.2010

Happy 31st Anniversary, Mom & Dad + a video!

Hello everyone! Today I have a card I made using the Embellish challenge and Bake Me A Cake for my parent's 31st anniversary! Yay! I also have a video at the end of the post too (I even pressed record this time! hehe!)

Here is the awesome Embellish Challenge! You know what's funny? I own these same hair pins!
Here is a close up of the paper pieced cake. I wanted to make a card that would fit both my Mom and Dad. I feel like the brown card stock, text paper and khaki ribbon add a masculine touch, with the yellow and coral adding the feminine. Their flowers at their wedding were yellow roses, too, so it's perfect! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I love you!

Now on to a video! You can watch it here or over at You Tube.



Thank you so much for watching!
Card stock: American Crafts (coffee)
Patterned paper: American Crafts (flowering fields), 7gypsies (ecriture), My Mind's Eye (quite contrary: favorite thing colorful umbrellas)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Bake Me A Cake), Waltzing Mouse (very vintage labels no.4)
Ink: Ranger Distress (antique linen), Ranger Adirondack (espresso)
Ribbon: American Crafts
Etc: Copic marker, Spellbinders Nestabilities (labels 4), Martha Stewart glitter (crystal fine), Corner Chomper
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

28 comments:

  1. what a delightful video, kelly! love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Kelly! Happy Anniversary to your Mom and Dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and great video Kelly Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous. I didn't watch the video (at work at the moment). The card is amazing! I know your parents will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Video!
    I actually do the same thing with the markers and outlining! Great minds think alike! :)
    I made a card with this set and paper-piecing over the weekend. I plan on posting it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh kelly! I just love your simple style and your card is too fun! You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video! I love your paper piercing technique. You do not have frizzy hair! Trust me I would know seeing that mine is fine and thin and when I go out in humidity it grows to look like 80"s hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to your parents. Your card is beautiful. I love the paper piecing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a CUTE card!!! GREAT colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, 31 years! Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Lawn Fawn!!! YAY!

    AND! That card is so pretty -- love it!

    Off to watch the video :)

    HUGS to all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay watched the video!!!

    Your hair looks great, you should see mine!

    And! LOVE the glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH, another video! I just stumbled upon your blog and I love love love stamping video's. Your paper pieced cake cards are adorable. I do the same thing with paper piecing!!! I run my marker along the edge to make it look more finished. I thought I was the only one! This also works for when you trim the stamped image off too much, the marker will help fill that line back in. Thanks for the great video's, keep up the good work! (I sound like a second grade teacher, sorry!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your videos, Kelly! Sending happy anniversary wishes out to your parents. This card is so perfect, it would make a great card for a class (hint, hint)
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this Kelly! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!! You rock at paper piecing.

    Your video made me laugh. You are way too cute. Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is amazing! It is decided....I need that set! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty cake! Gorgeous image and paper piecing, Kelly Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, Kelly!!! and video of your hair :( .... just kidding! Great video, I love the papers that you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning! Love your paper pieced cake and this stamp set is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card. And such a useful video. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! Congrats on your win w/ Embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! Congrats on your win w/ Embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many people dive right in Lawn Greetings and think that more is better . Not true . I have been self employed all my life  .  I have never had a job and work from home with my family.  We can save you lots of time and money right from the get go .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)