The Play Date Cafe guest designer!

Hello! I am so excited that the wonderful ladies over at The Play Date Cafe asked me to guest design again! I just love their challenge blog! Lawn Fawn is sponsoring and we are giving away one of the sets from the new upcoming release! Woooo! (We start sneaks on the 6th!)

Check out this fab color challenge:
Beautiful inspiration, right?

I used Petite Florals to create these flowers from American Crafts Abode paper. I stamped in a darker red on the patterned paper, cut them out and rolled the edges in to give them dimension. I layered them over each other and glue dotted them to this awesome acetate patterned paper by Hambly. I had a blast putting the hearts sideways. I just thought it made such a cool pattern!

I adhered the white Spellbinders Labels 9 piece to the inside and the bird with pop dots to the outside. I covered this awesome bird by GCD / Melody Ross with American Crafts Dear Lizzy paper. I love the juxtaposition of Dear Lizzy and Abode! Another of my "my bows stink" tricks: tie the bow with twine at the end of the ribbon. That kind of bow is much easier! Hehe! :)

So please come and play along at PDCC for a chance to win a new Lawn Fawn set!

Also, some other exciting news! Lawn Fawn can now be found in Paper Tales in San Diego. I absolutely love this store, and we are so honored to be in it! If you are in the area, go check it out!

Paper Tales
3960 West Point Loma Blvd.
Suite N
San Diego, CA 92110

Card stock: Hambly, Neenah Paper
Patterned paper:
American Crafts (dear lizzy, abode)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (petite florals)
Ink: Distress Ink (fired brick)
Etc: American Crafts Dear Lizzy ribbon, Studio Calico twine, Spellbinders Labels 9, GCD Melody Ross bird chipboard shape
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,


  1. Finally! Able to get in ; )

    Thank you so much for being a supporter of our challenge, not just with your fabulous stamp line but with your friendship and inspiration...it is always a pleasure to have you in The Cafe as part of our team!

  2. So glad to have you sponsoring our challenge this week with one of your new FABULOUS stamp sets and that you are playing along with the challenge as our guest designer!!! Love your card! The acetate is so pretty and the flowers are adorable.

  3. this is so pretty, Kelly! love the acetate card base!

  4. OMG this is GORGEOUS! You are rockin the guest spot! Of course!

  5. Love all the details you added to make this so special!

  6. So pretty, the added hearts looks wonderful under your bird. Thanks so much for being this weeks sponsor and playing along in the Cafe!

  7. Wonderful acetate card, Kelly! LOVE the rows of hearts and all the flowers! We appreciate you joining us at the PDCC again -- for being a fabulous guest designer and most generous sponsor!!

  8. This card is so fun, Kelly! I love the stamped acetate and the coordinating elements! :) Cute design!!

  9. Kelly! OH WOW! this card is just fabulous! You really know how to blow me away:) I just love everything about this card--I always love visiting your site!

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with the PDCC and for sponsoring us again! Love love love everything you do!! THANKS, Kelly:)

  10. Beautiful card and congrats about being in Paper Tales! Awesome, girlie! Hugs!

  11. Oh my stars, how FABULOUS is this card?!!! Amazing, just amazing...

  12. Gorgeous card Kelly! Love the hearts on the acetate, and the little flowers are great - must have taken you ages lol Thanks for being such a fab supporter of the play date cafe :)

  13. SUCH a pretty card Kelly!!! I LOVE it. I LOVE your stamp ranges too, they are FAB! Can't get enough of them lol. It's fantastic having you as our guest designer on Play Date Cafe. Thanks for the inspiration here too, the flowers look fab, and I low what you did with your bow too!! I must try acetate, I never use it!

    Can't wait to see what the new release is! Looking forward to the sneaky peeks!

  14. This card is so stunningly amazing and beautiful that I'm not sure what else to say! I just love all the different aspects to this!
    Just an FYI that there's a new challenge here and it would be so exciting if you were to participate!

  15. We are planning our wedding. We can't decide on what kind of invitation card is perfect. Thank you for sharing this blog. Now we decided that your card is the one we are going to use.

  16. nice share, good

    article, very usefull for me...thank you


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)