7.26.2010

2 sketches 4 you 57: Hi!

DSC_0157
Hi! Welcome to 2 Sketches 4 You day! I hope you guys are all doing well! I am writing you from Chicago! Wooo! I have been here a few days early visiting my parents and my grandmother, who is also visiting from Miami! It's been fun and crazy, and so was making this card! I thought my Mom had a paper trimmer, yeah, she doesn't! Haha! This card was made with a box cutter and a ruler. It was quite the adventure! Our sponsor this week is My Favorite Things and this is one of their fun digi stamps that I colored with Copics. I just love those dogs!

How fun is this sketch by Laura?! LOVE it! Oh, how I wish I had a punch for that white heart area! You guys are going to rock this! :)
DSC_0164
I had to get creative with my ribbon and I round some bright yellow rafia with my Mom's wrapping paper. I distressed it with antique linen ink and a foam pad and it really gave it a cool color! I separated it out to get the fun bow shape. I made the background using Judy's Blooms, Versamark, Copics and more antique linen.

Head on over to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog and play along with us! We can't wait to see what you create!

Card stock: Neenah (solar white, desert storm)
Stamps: My Favorite Things (let's go for a walk), Lawn Fawn (judy's blooms)
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink (antique linen)
Etc: Studio Calico stickers, Copics, raffia
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! And I am seriously impressed with your "primitive, caveman" card-making skills with a box-cutter! Wowza! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A box cutter!?! That's definitely getting creative. The card turned out beautiful! I especially love the color scheme with that big yellow bow! Sounds like you had fun making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're like the MacGyver of card-making! Good job, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Box cutters are always so much fun! Your raffia ribbon look just like some old Making memories twistle I have laying around in my craft area, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! This card is so adorable, and you're like McGuyver with that box cutter! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the stamped background! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)