8.23.2010

2 sketches 4 you 59: wedding wishes

DSC_0012
Hello! Welcome to another 2 Sketches 4 You challenge! This week we have a gorgeous sketch and a fabulous prize: a 2S4Y guest DT spot! How cool is that? Today I made a card completely out of my normal element! I got the Basic Grey Curio line, and it is SO gorgeous! I was going to layer paper to create the off centered rectangle on the sketch, when I saw this paper that was already like that! I just had to use it!

Check out Laura's fabulous sketch:
I just love it!

DSC_0024
Here is a close up on my chipboard piece. I used my GCD Melody Ross chip art tools and my Claudine Helmuth paints to make this. It is so much fun to hammer those metal stamps into the chipboard. I think I like it too much. Haha! I painted the chipboard a tealish color, dried it, then covered the piece in a brown/glossy medium mix and then wiped it away for this antiquey look. I added black ink to the edges with a cat's eye ink pad and then adhered the pearls. Seriously fun! The sentiment is from Sophie's Sentiments. I have a few weddings coming up to go to, so this will be perfect!

So come along and play with us at 2 Sketches 4 You! We can't wait to see your creations!

Card stock: Neenah
Patterned paper:
Basic Grey (curio)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (sophie's sentiments)
Ink: ColorBox (black), Papertrey Ink (true black)
Etc: Basic Grey sticker, GCD Melody Ross chipboard and chip art tool, Claudine Helmuth paints and brushes
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

7 comments:

  1. Stunning paper, love how it all fits together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! those pps are so pretty! beautiful card, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It has this great "old world" antique charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice paper! i am intrigued by the hammering. sounds like too much fun. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet, KM! I love the soft colors. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)