Bilo Celebrates Eighty!

Woah. A layout! I have been getting the scrapbooking bug lately, and then I signed up for Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class, now mind you, I am 3 weeks behind, but I am trying! The sketches are so fun and the samples are amazing! So inspiring! This is my sample for sketch #1. This is when we celebrated my Grandfather's (I call him Bilo) 80th birthday. He had so much fun blowing out the candles!
I absolutely LOVE journaling with Harold's ABCs. It is so easy! And there is just something therapeutic about lining up the letters. Let me know if you have journaled on a layout with Harold's ABCs. I would love to see it! I stamped here with dye ink because I wanted the texture of the paper to show through. I think it looks so cool!


I love the look of pleated paper. Since I am not the best with a sewing machine (read: I've almost sewn through my hand on more than one occasion), I actually put adhesive down first to pleat the paper and the stitching was just for show. The clouds are from Buzz and Bloom and I believe that almost all of this page is from a Studio Calico kit, I just can't remember which one! But, oh, how I love SC!
Card stock: American Crafts
Patterned paper:
October Afternoon, Pebbles, My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Harold's ABCs)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (close to cocoa)
Etc: Buzz and Bloom denim clouds, American Crafts Thickers, Jenni Bowlin Bingo Card, Sewing machine, Circle punch
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,


  1. This is seriously adorable, Kelly Marie - love, love it! Harold's ABCs is perfect and that pleating!! Your grandfather looks so fun to be with! :)

  2. fabulous layout, Kelly! love the pleated paper and photos are so cute!

  3. Kelly, What a great layout...you captured your grandfather wonderfully in these photos and I love the different types of lettering!

  4. Great layout. Love all the techniques you used. Colorful and happy layout. TFS.

  5. excellent layout kelly...such fab pics of your grandfather!

  6. I love the pleated border!
    This is such a fun layout, Kelly!

  7. What a great LO & memory!!! Your page is terrific- and great job on the pleating! :)

  8. Oh my goodness, Bilo is a CUTIE! :o) Great patterns, great layout.

  9. Gorgeous layout Kelly. Those pictures of your Grandfather are priceless, he looks like a little boy, so happy on his birthday.

  10. Kellyyyyyy, oh how i love this LO. your journaling is awesome. short but so much love there. i love the nickname too. ;o)

    i should be getting my Harold's ABCs soon! they are in the mail!!!

  11. Kelli - This is STUNNINGLY gorgeous!! What a sweet occasion and so memorable!!

    Your layout, color choices and journaling with Harold's set is just divine!!

    Crafty Hugs!

  12. I love youe page. The best was the sentiment you stamped at the end of the page!

  13. A cuter "old" man I've never seen! How sweet!

  14. It's so fun to look at these photos. You can really see his excitement and how happy he was in that very moment! Also, your journaling is so sweet! :)

  15. Today many diseases can be treated by a very fine, hair thin, disposable acupuncture needles which are
    made up of either stainless steel or silver or gold or copper.

    There are also those who deal with athletes who need a private physio therapist to ascertain their health condition in a frequent interval.
    Although a lot of massage clients to prefer to be quiet during the massage and just enjoy
    the relaxing massage in silence, there are also those that like to strike a conversation with the masseuse, which gives
    you the opportunity to learn more about your clients and
    build a good professional relationship with them.
    My website http://roxacuuk.ucoz.com/


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)