Happy First Day of School + A Video! :)

Store update: Bannerific, Sophie's Sentiments and Heebie Jeebies are back in stock! Make sure to check it out! http://www.lawnfawn.com

Hello! Today I have a card and a video! Woo! I decided to participate in two challenges:

* The Embellish challenge - Lawn Fawn is sponsoring and there is a $25 gift certificate up for grabs!
* The Everything but the Kitchen Sink challenge - I made up the sketch this month and there is a great Love My Tapes prize!

I had so much fun making this card with Critters in the Sea and Harold's ABCs! One layer cards are so fun, and who doesn't love masking? :)

Here is my video! You can watch here or at You Tube.

Also, I was asked this question the other day by Christiana:

When you go to make a card, do you draw out a sketch first (and if you do, do you find supplies that inspire a sketch or do you draw a sketch and then try to find supplies that work?) or do you just go for it and see what happens?

I just go for it. There is usually no plan. The only time there is a plan is when I am participating in a challenge or when I get a new goodie that I just have to use! I just sit down and whatever is closest, I use! I kind of wish I did the sketch thing because it would be nice to plan ahead, but that just doesn't work for me!
How do you make your cards? Are you a planner or a whatever happens happens kind of crafter? I would love to hear! :)

I hope you guys are all doing well! Hugs!
Card stock: Neenah
Patterned paper:
Basic Grey
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Critters in the Sea, Harold's ABCs)
Ink: Ranger Adirondack (latte), Versamagic (Sea breeze)
Etc: Copics
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,


  1. Love your school of fish--great masking! I usually "go for it" and use Nestabilities and make shaped cards.

  2. I love this card...school of fish is absolutely adorable!

  3. this is sooooooo cute! love the school of fish! too fun! except for sketch challenges, i just go for it. sometimes i do sketch out a plan, but i usually end up with something different. =)

  4. great masking video. Great way to make a school of fish and I love the tip of using the sticky part of the sticky note!

  5. Thanks for the video Kelly Marie!! Really appreciate the tips. I was having a pretty crappy day (yea, I know it's all of 9am here!) and hearing you laugh at your self about the misspelling of school made me smile ;). It's funny bec. I was like saying to the computer "WAIT YOU'RE FORGETTING THE H - DONT DO IT!!" and then you got it. Hilarious. Hope you have a great and blessed day & thanks again!!!

  6. Adorable card!! I love watching your videos! They are always so much fun!!

  7. What a great video! Love how you showed the masking technique with the fishies (my name for them). Oh I also enjoyed Putter's vocal appearance too!

  8. What a cute little card for the beginning of school. This would really brighten up someones day. I miss those first with my children who are grown.

  9. Such a cute card! Those fish are adorable.

    I'm like you, I just go for it. I don't sketch ahead of time. I actually find sketch challenges harder than color challenges.

  10. Love the masking technique. The little fish are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

  11. this card is just tooooo cute. i love it. it makes me smile. well, i wish i could do the sketch thing but right now i just sit at my table, look at all my stamps and embellies and then just pick things i like.

    thanks for sharing Kelly and thanks for the helpful comment on my blog. ;o)

  12. Such a cute card Kelly....I usually have an idea in my head before I do anything...I always have the colors I want to use and then just start playing.....I added your Blinkie to my blog!! cruzinkellster.blogspot.com

  13. Girl, this is awesome! My kids would flip over this!! Thanks for sponsoring our Embellish challenge! It is always such a joy to play with your adorable products! Hugs from Denmark!

  14. This card is adorable! So excited that Lawn Fawn is sponsoring the Embellish challenge. I just got Bannerific in the mail today and can't wait to ink it up. Hope you're having a nice weekend!


Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)