9.02.2010

You make my world that much brighter

DSC_0014
Hello! I hope you all are doing well today! I had so much fun making this card. I combined Judy's Blooms with an Ali Edwards set. I stamped in versamark to get the background, and then I stamped the largest flower from Judy's Blooms on different patterned papers, cut them out and layered them. I like rolling the edges of the flowers in for some dimension. I just use the end of a watercolor brush (the plastic kid ones) to roll the edges around.This is such a fun way to make your own custom flowers!

DSC_0004
I really like tying ribbon off on the side like that. It looks cute and there is no big bow to mess up! Hehe! :)

Well, I am off to get some rest! I ran a mile and a half yesterday after not running for 8 years (back and hip injury), and I am hurting! Oh my goodness! My muscles forgot what that was like, and I am clearly not 22 anymore. Haha! Wish me luck as I am trying again today!
Card stock: Papertrey
Patterned paper:
October Afternoon
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (judy's blooms), Ali Edwards
Ink: Versamark, Papertrey (true black)
Etc: Ribbon from my stash, Studio Calico twine, Making Memories metal flower
Thank you so much for visiting!
Have an amazing day,

13 comments:

  1. So cute kelly! It is so bright and cheery and makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kelly...love all the layers on the flower and the flourish behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you layered the flowers stamped on diff. paper. I love the dimension.

    Take it easy with the running. I am not a runner at all, but I use my treadmill. I jogged 3 miles on Sunday (a personal best)and ached for two days. I was able to run 2 miles yesterday. I love the accomplishment it gives me, but my 41 yr old body (lower back) reminds me to take it easy.

    I love to think about cards as I run it out with the Black Eyed Peas! teee hee (;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!!! I'm always a sucker for lined or graph paper and that paired with the yellow -the flower is perfect!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Kelly!
    This is one of my favorites! :)
    Hope your muscles feel better soon. Good for you for getting back into running. I wish I could myself to feel motivated again. It's just too hot to run outside here in FL. (That's my excuse). LoL

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are perfect stamps together!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card...so cheerful! Enjoy the running, but remember to take it easy and don't forget to stretch!
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love the layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! So bright and cheerful. I'm feelin' the love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this stamp set. it's on my wishlist. i need to try that side bow. it's a cute look.

    i congratulate you on your run. take it easy and just work on it every day. i hope your run went well today. i am on that same track trying to get it back. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. . I am pleased about your work. Keep doing such great jobs....

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. I tried casing this today for the Lawnscaping Challenge. AAAHH! It was hard cutting those flowers so I wasn't even able to do 3 layers like you did here! Man, this was tough. Yours is gorgeous! Can I claim this one as the one I did instead? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Each and every one puts a giant smile on my face! :)